Build On Your Experience
Build upon your existing knowledge and experience planning and running outdoor education programs and your understanding of current industry best practices and tends
Build and improve upon your stakeholder engagement and communications plans with staff and clients
Work in teams to test your preparedness and critical thinking skills through engaging and practical scenarios
Location: Denver - CO - TBC
Date: 17th Jan 2023
Length: Full Day Program
Start Time: 8:30am
Finish Time: 4:00pm
Catering: Lunch Provided
Cost: $499.00 USD per person
NB: Please email email@example.com if you'd like to enrol and need to pay by invoice rather than online
Who Is This Course For?
• Outdoor Education Leaders - Middle to Senior Managers
• Heads of Outdoor Education
• Risk & Compliance Managers
• Outdoor Education Instructors - Looking to seek leadership roles
• Outdoor Education Teachers - Looking to seek leadership roles
• Confidently develop and implement effective risk management systems for your organisation and outdoor education programs at an organisational and leadership level
• Build upon your professional network with industry specialists in risk management and safety for outdoor education and recreation programs
• Actively reduce the risk of incidents on programs
• Further develop mitigation strategies your organisation's risk management systems
• Improved understanding of the added complexity of the current risk management landscape for the outdoor industry
• Understanding and building on leadership skills and communications strategies for effective stakeholder engagement and risk management
The Training Course Covers:
• A structured approach to developing a risk management mindset for outdoor education programs from a leadership and organization-wide perspective.
• Leadership style awareness and it's impact on managing risk, especially in complex situations.
• Culture building and effective employee engagement,
• Effective communications, clarity of communications, feedback and conflict management.
• And some engaging scenarios and experiential activities.
$349.50Duke of Ed Adventurous Journey Risk ManagementRunning AJs? This short online course can help review your current expedition practices and build that student engagement into your planning, so that you're addressing both your institutional risk management responsibilities as well as supporting the educational aims of the program.
$149.50How To Write Risk Assessments For School ExcursionsThis short course steps you through the process for how to write effective risk assessments for any activity working with students or client groups and put those risk assessments into action.